Made a great lot of very usefull changes in this version. First and most basic being the addition of line and dot primitives in the rewritten frame loop. This allows for some really cool stuff you will see soon (3D graphs!). And the rewriting of the frame loop added a lot more possibilities for the future as well, with respect to light, shadows and glows. Checkout a realtime demo of the action after the read link.
- Changed the frame loop to accept non-polygonal 3D objects (like lines and dots) in a better way.
- Not all rotation and translation functions for objects, rotate the vector normals and/or translate the object midpoints yet.
- Sometimes undefined shadow faces are added to mShadowFaces, the error is now catched but still visible from time to time.
- Some polygons are still incorrectly culled, have discovered the issue though.
- Problem in the Z-buffering effecting relatively big differences in face sizes.
- Cone shadows are incorrect.
- Line primitive
- Dot primitive (currently the size is not effected by distance)
- Cull parameter for faces that should not be culled (planes for example)
- Added object rotation, surface normals not yet rotating perfectly.
- View frustum culling (very basic, still some work to be done)
- Textfields at 3D points
- Performance increase
- Object/face glow
- Directional light and light with different colours
- Roll camera movement
- Texture perspective correction
- Multiple cameras
- 2D primitives; planes, circles, etc.
But before the next big changes I will probably upload a few nice examples of the 3D engine at work (games and graphing!). And if someone can help me understand the FLARtoolkit, we might see some augmented reality with this 3D engine in flash as well! The source will be released when I feel the engine is stable enough to be released, check out earlier posts for credits to classes used with the 3D engine.